Application form:Click here for funding applications
Tel:+27(0)11 544 0300
Physical address:Block B Metropolitan Office Park 8 Hillside Road Parktown
Postal address:Private Bag X125
1st for Women Foundation
The 1st for Women Foundation was established in 2005 with one objective: to uplift and empower the women of South Africa. To date, the Foundation has donated over R40 million to a number of women-related civil society organisations that focus on two main causes: gender-based violence and cervical cancer. Thanks to our customers who donate a portion of their monthly insurance premium to the Foundation, we have made a tangible and sustainable difference to the lives of thousands of South African women. This difference is testament to the collective power of women.
The 1st for Women Foundation recently approved a shift from its former national strategy to a more focused one, in supporting fewer but meaningful gender-based violence and cervical cancer projects in rural KwaZulu-Natal (KZN).
The goals and objectives of the 1st for Women Foundation are as follows:
- Women in rural KZN are protected and enabled against GBV and cervical cancer.
- The prevalence of GBV and cervical cancer in KZN begins to reduce.
- To educate women in rural KZN on GBV and cervical cancer, their rights and the accessibility of services;
- To educate men in rural KZN on GBV, to understand that it is wrong, and how to play a part in reducing it;
- To provide women in rural KZN with accessible, local GBV and cervical cancer services; and
- To ensure appropriate follow-up mechanisms are in place for women in rural KZN to resume their lives (after surviving GBV and receiving results of abnormal pap smears).
Applications are currently closed and will reopen later in the year.