Arrowhead Charitable Trust
The Arrowhead Charitable Trust will consider supporting initiatives that improve access to a diverse range of facilities including educational, health, recreational, retail services and transport. It will also support initiatives that improve the quality of public spaces in inner city, urban and per-urban residential environments, townships and high-density living areas.
The Arrowhead Charitable Trust has as its focus areas:
- Initiatives in inner city urban, peri-urban, township and high-density neighbourhoods that enable improvements in health, safety and social cohesion
- Initiatives in inner city urban, peri-urban, township and high-density neighbourhoods that improve access for residents to a diverse range of facilities including education, health, recreational and retail services, and
- Initiatives that improve the quality of public spaces in inner city urban, peri-urban, township and high-density residential environments, with particular emphasis on safety and cleanliness.
Applications are closed and will re-open in mid-2017.
- Proposals must be restricted to inner city urban, peri-urban, township and high-density neighbourhoods
- Given the current funding availability of the Trust, only short-term projects (i.e. those that can be completed in less than 12 months or will not require continued funding beyond 12 months) will be considered
- Although requests of any level will be considered, those requesting less than R500 000 are more likely to be successful
- Proposals must clearly relate to public benefit activities as outlined in Part I of the Ninth Schedule of the Income Tax Act, specifically those related to welfare and humanitarian, health care, education and development, and land and housing
- Each proposal must include an explanation of:
- how the proposed activity will clearly contribute to an improved residential environment in terms of health, safety and/or social cohesion
- how the proposed activity will improve access for residents of inner-city urban, peri-urban, township and high-density neighborhoods to improved facilities such as education, health, recreational and retail services
- how the intervention will measure success and impact (provide specific indicators to track progress towards the goal)