Tel:+27(0)11 544 0300
Physical address:Block B Metropolitan Office Park
8 Hillside Road Parktown
Postal address:PO Box 61593
Rand Merchant Bank Fund
As one of South Africa’s leading investment banks, Rand Merchant Bank continually strives to achieve a better world through good business and to secure a sustainable future for all stakeholders.
The RMB Fund, a division of the FirstRand Foundation (FRF), invests RMB’s annual 1% of net profit after tax in selected projects within two focused development sectors, namely the Creative Arts, and the Environment.
The RMB Fund is now open for applications to the two programme areas, as follows:
Creative Arts Programme:
Applications are open for funding in two areas of focus within the Creative Arts Programme
1.1 Education for a creative economy
The RMB Creative Arts Programme in recognising the value of education for a creative economy has the following strategic goals and objectives:
Goal: Over the next three years (2017–2019), to support organisations in music, dance, film, theatre and visual arts to deliver programmes that facilitate the development of a creative mind-set for a creative economy.
- Objective One:To support organisations that demonstrate an understanding of how programme actions develop a creative mind-set through cognitive thinking (problem-solving, critical thinking, abstract reasoning and personal expression)
- Objective Two:To support organisations that have established rural community arts programmes (that have been in existence for 3+ years) both in-school and after-school that demonstrate positive impact for a participant’s circumstance and future possibilities.
- Objective Three:To support relevant best practice creative arts organisations with accredited tertiary-level training programmes in the following performing arts disciplines: music, dance, drama and visual art towards building a creative economy
1.2 Talent Unlocked
Goal: To become a go-to integrated arts platform, recognised as a space that is instrumentally and deliberately driving growth in the creative economy through supporting initiatives for both audience development and artist exposure.
- Objective One:To play a key role in the creation of employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for artists practising in the creative arts.
- Objective Two:To support programmes that enable young people to produce work in the performing arts disciplines of music, dance, drama and visual art for exposure and audience development.
Applications are open for funding in the following focus area within the Environment Programme
Education for a green economy
The RMB Environment Programme is aimed at increasing access to environmental education and restoring ecosystems, which will result in the growth and development of a green economy.
Goal: Over the next three years (2017–2019), to support organisations to deliver programmes that facilitate the development of a mind-set for a green economy.
- Objective One:To facilitate the rehabilitation and restoration of ecosystems through shared partnerships.
- Objective Two:To improve environmental practices within South African communities.
- Objective Three:To transform the environment sector to be inclusive of people with disabilities.
- Objective Four:To strengthen the use of technology to increase innovation in the environment sector.
Call for Applications
Organisations that are registered PBOs who can demonstrably contribute to one or more of the objectives listed above are hereby invited to apply to the RMB Fund for three-year funding.
Please ensure that your organisation meets the standard criteria for all applicants to the FirstRand Foundation before submitting your application. The criteria are listed online, here: http://www.firstrand.co.za/csi/who-we-support/Pages/what-we-do-and-dont-support.aspx
Should you fulfil the criteria listed in the FirstRand Foundation page mentioned above, please follow the link below to download the RMB Fund Phase One Application Form, complete it and send it to email@example.com by no later than Friday 2 June 2017.
Please note: The RMB Fund is following a two-stage application process. This call for applications is the primary stage (first round: May 2017), from which only a select number of applicants will be invited to proceed to the second stage (second round: June-August 2017). Should the primary application form fulfil the criteria, a full application form requiring more information will be sent for completion. Please note that funding is never guaranteed. Any queries can be made directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: Please note that email messages sent to this email address should not exceed 5MB in size. Should you need to break your communication up across multiple-messages, please label each message such that we know to combine it with each of the other messages you have sent.
Click to download the RMB_Fund_Reporting_Form