Tshikululu is South Africa’s premier social investment specialist firm based in Johannesburg and doing work throughout South Africa. We advise a range of clients, including corporate, trusts, and foundations, who are committed to achieving significant social change. We build each client’s individual corporate identity in an informed and strategic way – ensuring a business approach to the challenges of social development.
Tshikululu is currently looking for a business analyst to join a new team that is responsible for special projects, research and business development within its Fund Management department. The team is dedicated to conducting strategic research, conduct business intelligence and managing the business development process with the aim of driving business growth.
* Strong analytical abilities (both quantitative and qualitative)
* Ability to synthesis information from different sources in order to make business decisions
* Experience in working in a project team preferred
* Outstanding writing abilities, including willingness and ability to write for publication
* Ability to meet deadlines and assist in the delivery of high quality projects within short timeframes
* Well organised individual who is able to manage time well
* Good presentation and interpersonal skills
* High level of proficiency in MS Office
* An interest in development
* Flexibly support a variety of client projects, roles will vary from project-to-project, but will include independent management and delivery of individual workstreams and research projects
* Actively contribute to the thinking around, and delivery of, innovative client projects that are on-time, accurate, address client needs and seek to optimise social impact
* Contribute to the development, standardisation, and implementation of internal business development frameworks and protocols, including those around project management, knowledge management, and delivery of projects
* Independently manage internal administration and take on unit administrative responsibilities as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
* Undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as economics, business management or related fields etc. Postgraduate degree preferred
* Two to three years’ experience
* Previous role in a boutique strategy and advisory firm experience is preferable (at least one year)
KEY INTERACTIONS / RELATIONSHIPS
* Internal stakeholders
* Programme partners
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation.
Candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for interview travel cost or relocation cost.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the advertised post.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please email your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 27 July 2018
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.