Marketing and Communications Specialist
1. PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To build the Tshikululu brand through implementing internal and external innovative, effective and impactful branding and marketing strategies.
2. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS, ACTIVITIES AND INDICATORS
- Develop the brand plan by the agreed deadline to build the Tshikululu brand through engaging with the Tshikululu strategy and objectives, identifying opportunities to develop and strengthen the brand and implementing brand building interventions.
- Marketing Management.
- Monitor and measure the impact of the marketing strategy in line with company objectives.
- Ongoing research of market and industry trends to ensure that the marketing plan is aligned to industry needs and the strategy of the company.
- Develop, coordinate and implement marketing plans designed to retain and increase new opportunities.
Marketing and Communications Operations
- Develop a range of marketing campaigns and materials aligned to the company strategy, including the annual report to society, annual publications, external newsletters, brochures, product launches and thought leadership events.
- Participate in selecting, appointing and managing communication and marketing service providers according to the defined deliverables, budget, standards and agreed deadline.
- Manage the company’s marketing and communications budget according to policy and set standards.
- Resolve internal and external communication queries to standard and within turnaround time.
- Manage Tshikululu’s various social media platforms ensuring the content is consistently aligned to the company’s overall strategy, is updated on a regular basis and to standard.
- Manage the development, distribution and archiving of Tshikululu and industry related press and media releases, recommending action to be taken and implementing approved actions as and when required.
- Implement a stakeholder engagement strategy with the media, business forums, government, civil society and clients.
- Provide marketing and communication support to the CEO and executive committee members.
- Implement an internal communications strategy aligned to the company’s strategy, values and vision by the agreed deadlines and to agreed standards.
- Manage internal communications Manage Tshikululu events Manage Tshikululu’s corporate identity including templates, letterheads, presentation formats, visuals and any other internal communication formats.
3. ROLE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing management, journalism, communication, business (IMM, BCom or similar)
- 5 years industry experience in advertising, marketing, public relations, communication or a combination of these fields
- Experience in managing social media platforms, writing for external audiences, proof reading and editing.
4. KEY INTERACTIONS / RELATIONSHIPS
- Marketing Service Providers
- Media and press
- Online clients and stakeholders
- Staff and service providers
Please submit your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 7 December 2017
Preference will be given to South African citizens. Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other legislation. Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for the interview travel cost or relocation cost. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised. Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.