Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
1. PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To provide administrative support to the client relationship management unit that ensures the implementation of client fund strategies and service excellence according to agreed standards and deadlines.
2. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS, ACTIVITIES AND INDICATORS
- Participate in developing an annual M&E plan of all M&E activities by providing input and information on grant and fund programme monitoring and evaluation requirements and drafting allocated section of quarterly plan to structure monitoring and evaluation, managing that activities are planned to be able to be delivered on time and to standard.
- Participate in coordinating that the M&E plan aligns with the Client Portfolio reporting requirements and schedule by engaging with Client Relationship Managers, aligning plan with client reporting plans and SLA’s and submitting for final approval by quarterly deadline.
- Coordinate the regular review of progress towards objectives for programmes managed by Tshikululu by agreed deadlines.
- Support Fund Management to implement M&E indicators and activities throughout all programmes and client contracts by engaging with relevant Fund Management team members, sharing expertise and knowledge, developing customised tools in line with the M&E framework and providing adhoc support to enable M&E activities across Tshikululu within deadlines.
- Maintain an organisational M&E dashboard that reflects overall findings and impact by collating all findings and presenting in an approved dashboard format for the approved time period monthly and annually. To ensure that findings are communicated with the knowledge specialist according to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Provide input into the design and implementation of evaluations, special studies research assessments within agreed deadlines.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Comply with the M&E framework by following the M&E policy and approach, delivering according to the SLA’s by deadline.
- Assist in building grantee M&E capacities when required according to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Conduct M&E by implementing the M&E framework and approach, conducting the analysis and research, resolving challenges or impacts collating results and reporting as per standards and by deadline.
- Develop and maintain the project post implementation impact assessment research methodology by conducting research in line with approved methodology and research standards, collecting research findings, analysing and developing the research report and recommendations and presenting findings within deadlines.
- Conduct M&E, including evaluations, for Advisory Services clients by receiving the M&E brief and indicators, developing tools and methodologies, gaining approval and implementing, collating results and reporting as per standards and by deadline.
- Coordinate the collection of data into defined M&E data collection systems and tools so that data is collected on defined indicators by implementing tools, facilitating data capture and checking for completeness and accuracy by deadlines.
- Analyse and evaluate M&E findings and data by following the M&E approach and framework, developing insights and recommendations and presenting within agreed format and by defined deadline.
- Participate in developing client strategies with comprehensive M&E plans, approaches and methodologies by participating in workshops, identifying client strategic objectives, drafting the plan, applying good practice and the Tshikululu way and approach per strategy by deadline.
- Participate in developing client proposals for projects with M&E requirements by participating in meetings, identifying proposal requirements, drafting the plan and approach based on good practice and the Tshikululu way and contributing to final proposal by deadline.
- Participate in building M&E tools and service offerings to contribute to the Advisory product service lines by participating in product development workshops and developing allocated tools and service offerings as required.
- Assist in updating policy and procedure document in the areas of monitoring and evaluation to align with industry standards and context annually.
- Participate in streamlining process and increase efficiency gathering and using performance information to agreed standards and deadlines.
M&E Capacity Building
- Maintain M&E expertise by attending relevant training, participating in appropriate discussions and debate, participating in appropriate conferences and researching monthly.
- Identify and develop tools and systems that support M&E capacity building and implementation across all departments in Tshikululu by identifying needs and indicators, developing relevant and appropriate training and skills transfer, supporting implementation, evaluating and identifying areas of skills development needs and addressing monthly and as and when required.
- Identify common errors, areas of M&E queries and develop training and a communication to address skills and implementation needs monthly.
Service Provider Contract Management
- Refer M&E service providers to conduct outsourced M&E by identifying service providers in the industry, receiving references and profiles and defining scope of work and project contracts and deliverables for approval according to the defined project plans by deadline.
- Coordinate and support service provider contract delivery by tracking delivery against contracted deliverables, providing project information and assistance and escalating non delivery by following the defined processes monthly or as defined.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis of M&E data and findings by following research methodology and good practice, developing findings and insights and drafting research reports by agreed deadline.
- Develop M&E reports by collecting findings, completing reporting requirements and submitting by agreed deadline.
- Develop adhoc reports by receiving requests and specifications, gathering required information and data, drafting reports and presenting or submitting for presentation by agreed deadline.
- Develop organisational M&E trends to guide future and current investment strategies by collating data, identifying trends and reporting according to standards quarterly.
3. ROLE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Honors degree in statistics, social sciences or similar is required.
- A supporting qualification in M&E is preferred.
- 5 years M&E specialist experience is required.
- Experience with bilateral and multilateral funder and donor monitoring and evaluation requirements is preferred.
4. KEY INTERACTIONS / RELATIONSHIPS
- Knowledge and Research Manager
- M&E Specialists
- Specialist Services team
- Client relationship management team
- Service providers
- Beneficiary organisations
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation.
Candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable interview travel cost or relocation cost.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised.
An application will not in itself, entitle the applicant to an interview.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please email your applications to: email@example.com.
Closing date: 12 April 2018
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.