Social Investment Analyst
1.PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To implement client social investment strategies and programmes through grantmaking and programme administration. This will be achieved by complying with Tshikululu’s grantmaking, governance and knowledge practices and processes.
2. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS, ACTIVITIES AND INDICATORS
Grant Recipient Selection
- Evaluate all grant applications that meet the grant Administration and Client Strategy requirements by assessing funding proposals, analysing data, submitting a recommendation, highlighting risks (including financial, compliance and reputational) and opportunities for investment and submitting for review within SLA
- Participate in programme specific grant applicant review by presenting grant recommendations, participating in short listing potential grant applicants, conducting reference checks and verification of grant applicants, scheduling and coordinating meetings to discuss proposals with grant applicants and participating in meetings to provide administrative support as required
- Capture all application data and input into the system in compliance with the Grant Management processes by agreed standards and deadlines
- Participate in relevant Grant Approval meetings by accurately presenting required information to support decision making
- Support the SI Specialists to pro-actively track that all grant applicants are notified of final decision by engaging with Grant Administration team and addressing any queries as and when required
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordination
- Implement M&E plan for allocated grants by following defined M&E approach and plan, implementing allocated tools, gathering input at defined plan timelines, accurately capture and collate and submit for analysis by deadlines and agreed standards
- Conduct site visits as and when required and approved by line manager, by complying with the M&E protocols and in line with the M&E plan
- Coordinate that all Grant Monitoring Data is received from Grants by tracking M&E data, collecting, following up until received and capturing into approved system within SLA
- Provide meeting coordination support and assistance by scheduling, inviting, booking meeting rooms, bringing relevant documentation and taking meeting notes as and when required
- Coordinate and organize events and functions when required by receiving brief and budget, coordinating event, selecting and coordinating payment of providers in alignment with the procurement procedures and facilitating that the event delivers the required objectives as required
- Coordinate travel arrangements by following the travel policy as and when required
- Manage that all documents are stored / filed securely and compliantly by following the relevant procedures and policies within SLA
- Provide any other administrative support, by receiving request and implementing as and when required
3. ROLE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree is required
- 2 years’ experience in health, agriculture and/or environment preferred
- 2 years’ project administration experience required
4. KEY INTERACTIONS / RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal stakeholders
- SI Specialists
- Beneficiary organisations
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the advertised post.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please email your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15 December 2017
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.