Social Investment Specialist – Early Childhood Development
1. PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To drive social investment strategy, manage strategic programmes and mentor social investment analysts to achieve the highest standard of social investment possible, with a specific focus on the Early Childhood Development and early learning sectors.
2. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS, ACTIVITIES AND INDICATORS
Client Strategy and Implementation
- Design strategies and initiatives that have clear potential to drive social impact in the ECD sector by taking an entrepreneurial and partnership-building approach to complex problems. This will require research, stakeholder engagement, partnership development, high-level strategic thinking and ‘connecting of the dots’.
- Work with a broad range of private and public-sector partners – including civil society, donors, business and government – to drive impact in the ECD sector.
- Assess strategic and potential flagship initiatives in the ECD sector for possible social investment by carrying out comprehensive due diligence using Tshikululu’s assessment processes.
- Represent Tshikululu and clients as a strategic investor/partner on approved social investments by participating in key meetings, providing strategic input and contributing to systemic goals (where applicable).
- Work closely with trustees to identify challenges and develop solutions to ensure that the strategic goals are met through regular meetings, reporting, consultation and discussion.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Support the design of innovative, data-driven monitoring and evaluation processes to clearly understand the impact of social investment on an on-going basis and make adjustments to strategy as necessary.
- Help drive a culture of data analysis and data-driven decision-making across the business in terms of social investment management and strategy.
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure that all client social investments are monitored and evaluated accurately and meaningfully, thus demonstrating social impact.
- Provide high-quality, informative reports to internal and external stakeholders, including trustees, about the work being done through social investments.
Tshikululu Strategy and Implementation
- Help develop and refine Tshikululu’s overall social investment strategy, ensuring that the company remains at the cutting edge of global social investment.
- Help position Tshikululu as a leader in the social investment sector by participating in meetings/workshops/conferences, providing sector expertise and experience and engaging with various stakeholders.
- Help develop and refine specific strategies for targeted sectors (e.g. education, health, social development) to maximise social impact.
- Identify strategic and programme opportunities across Tshikululu’s clients and sectors to maximise the impact of our work and leverage resources for scale.
- Provide support and coaching to social investment analysts to ensure the highest quality deliverables for Tshikululu’s clients.
- Identify and deliver on opportunities to increase Tshikululu’s profile and expertise by providing sector insights and expertise, identifying potential opportunities and fulfilling the role as industry and sector expert as and when required.
3. ROLE REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience working in the ECD sector, with a specific focus on early learning is required
- Honours/post-graduate degree required (Master’s degree preferred)
- Proven track record of designing and/or managing complex strategies, projects and/or initiatives
- Management consulting or similar experience preferred
- Ability to thrive on complexity and problem-solving
- Ability to think creatively and push the envelope of social investment
- Ability to work with a wide-range of stakeholders at the highest levels
4. KEY INTERACTIONS / RELATIONSHIPS
Preference will be given to South African citizens.
Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation.
Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for interview travel cost or relocation cost.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the advertised post.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please email your applications to: email@example.com
Closing date: 21 October 2018
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.