Opportunity closing date: Wednesday, 02 June 2021 at 23h59.
Opportunity type: Request for proposals
Absa Group Limited (‘Absa’) is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups. Absa offers a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking and wealth management products and services.
In an effort to promote a just and inclusive society and enable access to quality education, Absa has successfully implemented a range of education and skills development programmes over the past few years.
Building on the gains made, Absa has consolidated its programmes to provide a bridge between the supply and demand of skills to facilitate youth entry into job opportunities or self-employment. The consolidated view has informed the design and implementation of an integrated approach to holistic demand-led training to prepare youth for the world of work of the future.
The immediate need is to scale and accelerate the delivery of these initiatives across all markets where Absa has a presence and achieve demonstrable and sustainable impact .
Absa seeks a service agency to design and implement an integrated, scalable and sustainable three-year cutting-edge Youth Employability Programme to prepare youth for job opportunities in technical, vocational, digital or future skills.
Interventions must provide innovative and demonstrable solutions in:
- Enhancing access to quality tertiary education
- Advancing digital, technical, and vocational skills development
- Offering demand-driven future skills-matching
- Promoting youth employability
- Supporting institutional capacity-building
The agency (ies) required should have the following characteristics:
- Forward-looking and innovative approaches.
- Proven track record in the design, implementation and/or coordination of complex, innovative youth employability interventions.
- Demonstrable experience and ability to work in complex partnership arrangements with a diverse range of role players such as government, business, youth, communities, organised labour, professional and industry bodies.
- Demonstrable understanding of the education and skills development landscape and key strategic and national initiatives aimed at preparing youth for the world of work.
- Ability to track, monitor and evaluate progress – organisations/programme partners to submit plans of how they will track beneficiaries during the programme and 12 months after completing the programme.
- Strong project management capability including day-to-day project management and coordination, evidence-based reporting and budget management.
- The ability for geographical reach in urban, peri-urban and rural areas in all countries where Absa has a presence.
Interested parties are invited to apply online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3RLMMMB to access the comprehensive list of requirements and documentation as well as the online application form.
The closing date for submission is Wednesday, 02 June 2021 at 23h59.
The project will be delivered over a three-year period, starting in 2021 with completion in 2024.
Should interested parties have any questions, please contact (011) 544 0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Absa Group Limited and Tshikululu Social Investments are not obliged to disclose the reasons behind any decisions taken in response to this RFP. Absa Bank Limited reserves the right to, in their sole discretion, reject any proposal, in whole or in part.