18 September 2021.
In line with Discovery’s core purpose, which is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives, the vision of the Discovery Fund is to improve individuals’ quality of life through the provision of primary healthcare services in indigent communities that do not have access to mainstream healthcare.
Application and reporting deadlines
Applications for funding are currently open for the Maternal and Child Health Programme, and the application form and reporting form are available for download below.
The deadline for submissions is 18 September 2021.
- If you are a current partner of the Discovery Fund and would like to reapply for funding, please ensure that you have sent a report through (the link to the reporting form can be found below) before you reapply, or at the same time as making a new application
- If you are submitting an application form and/or a reporting form, please note that these are not considered complete unless submitted together with the completed monitoring and evaluation indicators tables, which are available for download below
Funding guidelines for the Maternal and Child Health Programme
The following activities will be considered for support by the Discovery Fund:
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) and MCH;
- the provision of antenatal care;
- infant feeding, with a strong emphasis on exclusive breastfeeding education about breastfeeding/nutrition practices
- psychosocial counselling to pregnant women; an
- postnatal care.
NB: please note that we also require your banking details on your organisation’s letterhead, signed by two senior members of your organisation.