18 December 2021
In line with Discovery’s core purpose, which is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives, the vision of the Discovery Fund is to improve individuals’ quality of life through the provision of primary healthcare services in indigent communities that do not have access to mainstream healthcare.
Application and reporting deadlines
Applications for funding are currently open for the Human Capital and Skills Development Programme, and the application form and reporting form are available for download below.
The deadline for submissions is 18 December 2021.
- If you are a current partner of the Discovery Fund and would like to reapply for funding, please ensure that you have sent a report through (the link to the reporting form can be found below) before you reapply, or at the same time as making a new application
- If you are submitting an application form and/or a reporting form, please note that these are not considered complete unless submitted together with the completed monitoring and evaluation indicators tables, which are available for download below
Funding guidelines for the Human Capital and Skills Development Programme
The following activities will be considered for support by the Discovery Fund:
- accredited pre-service and in-service training, which is aimed at increasing the number of healthcare providers in the public health system;
- pre-service and in-service training that is aimed at improving the quality of healthcare provided within the public health system;
- training of Community Health Care workers in order to reach communities with the lack of access to health services in underserved areas; and
- filling posts with skilled, committed and competent individuals.
NB: please note that we also require your banking details on your organisation’s letterhead, signed by two senior members of your organisation.