Confirmation of bank account details
Documentation confirming an applicant’s bank account details must be submitted in one of the following formats:
- A clear copy of a recent bank statement that is not more than three months old; OR
- Internet banking statement that is not more than three months old; OR
- Where a bank statement cannot be produced, an original letter from the bank on the bank letterhead with the original bank stamp confirming the account holder’s legal name, account number, account type, branch code and reflecting the date the bank account was opened.
The banking details provided must:
- Be for an account held at any of the following public banks in the Republic of South Africa (Absa Bank, Capitec Bank, First National Bank, Nedbank and Standard Bank)*;
- Be recent and not more than three months old;
- Clearly reflect the account holders legal name(s);
- Account Number;
- Account Type;
- Branch Code; AND
- Statement/Letter date.
Tshikululu will utilise the banking information provided to perform a third-party verification. Should this verification not be successful, Tshikululu reserves the option to request more detailed information, including the submission of original, certified, copies of documents.
* – Should the applicant hold a bank account with a bank not listed above, please contact Tshikululu’s Administration Team on 011 544-0300 or email@example.com for detailed instructions.