2017 Report to Society
Tshikululu 2017 Report to Society details how social investments managed by Tshikululu benefit 10 million South Africans, almost one-in-five.
This came off a 2017 funding increase of more than one-third.
Other key highlights in the comprehensive annual report:
- Tshikululu worked with 21 clients with managed assets of R11.9 billion at year-end
- R634 million was disbursed on behalf of social investment partners
- Tshikululu managed the affairs and audits of 18 Trust accounts, all of which were unqualified
- The company continued to invest in research and our understanding of the social investment sector – including social impact, venture philanthropy, monitoring and evaluation and empowerment endowments
- Tshikululu focused on achieving positive social impact while maintaining operational and financial sustainability. The company is in sound financial health, and 2017 saw a R5.4m net surplus, up from R0.5m in 2016.
The Report to Society covers the period 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017. It integrates Tshikululu’s activities within the contexts in which the company finds itself operating, and is guided by the recommendations of the Integrated Reporting Committee of South Africa.